Filipino peoples have the opportunity, come Nov. 1st 2017, to finally get Taiwan visa without having to apply and pay for a visa or even Authorization Certificate. Simply showing up for a flight will do, providing some the following items are met:
- Person(s) passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Person(s) must possess a return ticket from Taiwan, or even just a ticket and visa to another country after
- Person(s) must provide proof of accommodation – name of hotel, or address they are staying at.
- Person(s) must have no illegal record in Taiwan.
- Person(s) trip must last no more than 14 days! That is the limit!
These are all the requirements, and make sure you enjoy Taiwan!
Those From: Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam.
Prior to travel, the above-mentioned nationals can in fact enter Taiwan without a visa (visa-free) so long as each have secured a TAC – Travel Authorization Certificate, prior to the time they travel.
Due to this requirement, the following items must be met and approved according to the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO):
- Person(s) passport must have been valid following six months from entry date.
- Person(s) must provide proof of continued journey (return ticket, ticket elsewhere) via plane or ferry.
- Person(s) must never have been employed as type: Blue-Collar worker in Taiwan.
- Person(s) must provide these aforementioned documents and proofs through at least ONE of the following: Canada, United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or any of the Schengen countries.
These Documents Are Taiwan Visa Requirements:
- E-visa or Valid Entry Visa
- Permanent or valid resident card.
- Proof of visa or residence which has not expired less than 10 years before entry date into Taiwan.
KEEP IN MIND: Come June 2017, Taiwan was added to the list, making it so that those with existing Tai resident cars or visa’s must not have expired earlier than 10 years prior to the date of travel.
If at this time you do not meet many of the Taiwan visa requirements, never fear, you can always apply right now for an e-visa or regular visa. However, if all requirements are met, you have no need for a visa to visit Taiwan.
Travel Authorization Certificates Are Great Because:
- Certificates are valid for a period of 90 days – though each stay must be limited to no more than 30 days.
- Certificate may be used for entry on multiple occasions.
- Certificate is free.
These Taiwan Visa certificates can be applied for in less than ten minutes. And the process is really quite simple:
- First visit – ROC travel authorization site.
- Next choose your language.
- After this you will read and accept the specified terms of your certificate.
- At this juncture you will fill out the required information and application forms. Make sure you have your documents and visa with you – entering numbers and information can take a long time if you are busy looking for it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- If I have a Korean visa that was never before used, can I use it?
- Yes, even if you never used it before, you can use it now – so long as said visa has not been expired for 10 years
- Last year my Korean visa expired. Is it still usable?
- Yes, this visa is still usable to apply for a certificate – however if expired for 10 years it will not be
- Five years ago my Japanese visa expired, is it still usable?
- Yes, this visa is still usable
- Australian visa, about 9 years ago, expired. Still usable?
- Yes, this visa is still usable. In a year it will not be
- Make sure all the information you’ve entered is correct
- If approved, Print out your Certificate
Hopefully you’ll have no issues getting a Taiwan Visa with all the information that we’ve provided above.