When exactly Filipinos did grew fond of Korean culture, music, traditions, and among others? Well, if you did not live under the rock for couple of months now, you will notice there have been a viral Samyang (or hot Korean noodles challenge on social media). But, that didn’t start the curiosity and interest in K-pop culture. If you want to go to South Korea, you might want to know how to apply for South Korea Visa for Filipinos.
It all started with a Taiwanese TV Soap which has become a big hit to Philippine audiences by storm. After that, knowing that there are a great number of sure audience share, local TV stations in the Philippines, welcome foreign drama, and TV soap operas. Because of the unique story line, often funny and subtle scenes yet meaningful storyline, Filipinos can’t get enough of just watching them. They now have the urge to know more about the country from where their Korean idols came from. They desire to know more not just about their favorite celebrities but about Korea’s culture, food, music, history, tourists’ attraction and a lot more.
Recommended: How To Apply For A Taiwan Tourist Visa For Filipinos
And to add with the fondness to Korean celebrities, Filipinos started to have their interest to K Pop culture not too long ago. Because of the catchy music genre, physical appealing singer / performer, more and more Filipinos have been crazy over Korean singers. Plus do not forget also the four seasons which Filipinos would also like to experience. So as a Filipino you’ll need a South Korean Visa.
Are you one of those die – hard K-Pop fanatic? Or just wanted to experience a different weather and scenery from your country? So it’s probably a good idea for you to know how to apply for South Korea Visa for Filipinos.
Recommended: Filipinos Applying For South Korea Visa Help
The following easy and helpful information on how a Filipino can obtain Korean visa. You may all have the luxury to hire travel agency to do all the Visa application (which charges as low as Php1000 up to Php3,000), or you might as well do it yourself.
Korean Visa Requirements For Filipinos:
- Complete application form.
- Valid passport (at least 6 months before expiration)
- Photocopy of Passport (Bio page)
- 1 passport size photo
- Optional: invitational letter and copy of inviter’s passport
Supporting Document/s Requirements Details
This is the part where the traveler is financially capable to support his or her trip to South Korea.
- Certificate of employmentThis should contain details about the Company Name, Company address, Company Contact details (HR Department’s telephone numbers and e-mail address), Applicant’s work position, hired date, and monthly/annual compensation)
- Applicant’s Bank CertificateDetails included are account type, date of account opened, up-to-date balance, Detailed ADB (daily transactions details)
- Bank Statement for at least 3 months prior of the application
Photocopy of ITR (Income Tax Return Form 2316)
B.2 Self Employed
- Photocopy of DTI / SEC Business Registration
- Photocopy of Mayo’s Permit
- Photocopy of ITR
- Bank Certificate
- Spouse’s Bank Certificate
- Spouse’s Certificate of Employment or Spouse’s Photocopy of DTI / SEC Business Permit and Mayor’s Business Permit
- Photocopy of Spouse’s ITR
- Photocopy of Marriage Certificate issued from NSO
- Parent’s Bank Certificate
- Parent’s Certificate of Employment or parent’s Photocopy of DTI / SEC Business Permit and Mayor’s Business Permit
- Photocopy of Parent’s ITR
- Photocopy of applicant’s Birth Certificated issued from NSO
- Photocopy of School ID
- School Certificate
Optional OECD Visa/s
For existing visa holder from other countries which are member of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), applicant should include to supporting documents:
- Original and photocopy of active ( not expired) visa/s of applicant
*Check out countries included on the list of OECD family. You can check out the list here.
As a visa holder of other countries included OECD will give you more chance for approval (more often than not), thus evaluation and approval period may be shortened. Another good resource is this site for a canon g7x replacement screw.
Submit All Complete documents to Korean Embassy
Once you have prepared and completed all the necessary required documents, you may now go to the Korean Embassy in the Philippines at:
122 Upper McKiney Road, McKinley Town Center
Bonifacio, Tagug City
To be sure, you can always call the embassy’s office during business hours at (63 2) 856 9210. Applicants are also advised to go to the Korean Embassy as early as possible. The consular office is very strict with the maximum number of applicant per day. You do not want to go back the next day because you were not included in the shortlist. Application Schedule is limited from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 11:30AM only, while the whole afternoon is dedicated for releasing of visa.
Steps to File for Korean Visa
- Security Check
- Register and leave identification card on security personnel at the Korean consular office
- Document evaluation and Issuance of Queuing Number
An embassy personnel will first check the documents you are about to submit. This will allow the embassy to check if applicant’s documents are complete and determine or sort if applicant has an existing OECD visas and or none. If all are complete, personnel will issue queuing number.
Applicant must wait for your number to be called. If it is your turn, submit all documents to the personnel.
Applicant must be patient because another personnel embassy will have to check again the completeness of the documents. If the applicant has submitted all necessary documents, a visa fee will then be collected.
Visa Fee Rate (Note: Fee is based on the current rate issued by the embassy, check with the embassy if there may have changes)
- No Charge Fee for travel lesser than 59 days
- Php 1800 for 60 – 90 days stay
Then after settling Visa payment fee, a “Release Date Slip” will be issued.
Note that processing of Korean visa is within 5 days only. Those who have updated and unexpired OECD visa/s will be cut short to 3 days processing time only.
Claim Visa on Scheduled Release Date
As much as possible go back to the embassy on the scheduled release date. The visa is only limited to 90 days or 3 months upon the date of issuance.
The same procedure also applies in application: security check, and queuing number issuance. Once the visa is released, it is encouraged that applicant must check information details of the released visa. Otherwise, this should be reported to the embassy personnel as soon as possible. One must check spelling like names, dates like birthday among others.