When the idea of Paris in May comes to my mind, I think of all the blooming flowers, new creatures and fresh earth to explore. Indeed the very locals seem aware of the breathtaking world around them, and are inspired by its rebirth and the enthusiasm they find in all the new faces and voices from those out of town. If you want to see a Paris few rarely have the chance to enjoy, consider visiting in the bounteous month of May in Paris.
Recommended: Paris Events In May That You’d Love
A Few Highlights To Keep In Mind:
- May 21st: Is Museum Night—and is in global Museum Night, the museums throughout the city will be available for free until the end of the night. On this day many special events & wonders of the imagination await each guest in many a major museum.
- May 13th-16th: Go to the Artists’ Open House in Belleville Galleries – providing an exceptional opportunity to enjoy and learn and know some of Paris’ contemporary artists and their many works that can be seen in Paris in May.
- May 27th-June 10th: Take joy from the French Open happening at Roland Garros – where any Tennis fan worth his salt would be remiss to find himself unaware of France’s most enjoyable tournaments in the world. Where the Tennis greats, such Steffi Graf, first made their debuts at Roland Garros. The French Open has a strong history have hosting amazing matches with the top players in the world with the links of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. This is a must when in Paris in May 2018 and will be a memorable experience.
What’s To Love About May In Paris?
Not only is May a blooming time to visit the best Paris parks and gardens, but it’s also a very reflective time to read or discuss life’s secrets on a cafe terrace, or relax upon a window seat and people-watch the streets or gaze into the windows of Paris’ best places to shop. It is also perfect for taking a special someone and exploring Paris in May 2018.
Why Stay Away From Paris In May?
If you are one who lives for the times of peace and quiet, then Paris in May 2018 perhaps is not the optimal time for a visit. In popular neighborhoods and museums, conditions can often prove quite crowded – indeed with a bit of competition to access the city’s more coveted attractions, and best restaurants. For a more mild experience, certainly consider visiting during the lower seasons (generally late October and early March).
If you’re ready to plan your trip deep into the vast city of lights, please compare wonderful and available packages on hotels, flights, and more at TripAdvisor (book direct).
Paris in May 2018 Weather And What To Pack?
- Average rainfall: 56 millimeters (2.2 inches)
- Maximum temperature: 18 degrees Celsius(64.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Minimum temperature: 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Average temperature: 14 degrees Celsius (57.2 degrees Fahrenheit)
How To Pack Your Suitcase?
- This month can generally fluctuate between brisker to warmer days, with temperatures averaging at around 57 degrees Fahrenheit. Pack layers for unusually cool or warm days which might suddenly sneak up on you.
- Common rainstorms are to be expected, so pack an umbrella for those sudden surprises during a picnic or a stroll.
- Bring closed-toed and open-toed shoes, because on hot days you’ll appreciate having an open-toed pair, but on colder days and long walking days, you’ll appreciate having good closed-toed walking shoes – visits to Paris generally involve a lot of strolling about.
Looking To Book Your Trip? Looking For Good Deals?
One of the best places to compare travel packages for flights and vacation is at TripAdvisor (book direct). Or if you’re an ecologically friendly mood and plan on taking the train instead? Book train tickets direct at Rail Europe.
Hopefully the information provided in the guide above will help with your time in Paris in May 2018 and make it a great experience on your visit in the city of love.
- Things To Do In Paris In April
- Things To Do In Paris In June
- Paris First Time Ultimate Cheat Sheet Guide
- Most Expensive Restaurants In Paris
- Best Things To Do With Kids In Paris