The great city of Paris in February reflects signs of a fine defrost — if more of a symbolic than a factual one. It’s common that Parisians abhor the winter months with a sort of drama that only them could administer but they also feel affection for anecdote (or that is how the stereotypes go, perhaps). With event like the Valentine’s Day providing the locals and visitors alike with a wonderful reason for tremendous strolling, dancing, dinners, and– not to be ignored—chocolate, February in Paris is the ideal antidote to the end-of-winter obscurity and doom.
With quite a lot of romantic things to do in Paris on or towards Valentine’s Day, the city can truly be a celebratory and warm occasion in spite of the chilly temps.
For solitary visitors, not to fret: Paris during February also offers colorful events not kept for those attached at the hip in February: events such as Chinese New Year, when pageants of vivacious dragons and dancers make the streets of south Paris to be alive.
Suggested: 11 Must Do Things In Paris February
How To Prepare For Your Trip To Paris In February 2018?
- February in Paris is normally briskly cold or frosty, while temperatures tenaciously linger at frozen or even below at times. Unexpected showers and succinct spells of slushy snow are not unusual. It’s necessary for you to fill your suitcase with abundance of warm socks and sweaters, scarves, coats, and a hat that will care for your ears.
- The city is famous for its unpredictable and unexpected heavy showers, despite the fact that heavy rains are less common in February in Paris. Therefore, taking an umbrella that can survive a damp, breezy day is absolutely a must.
- Make sure to take with you a good pair of water-resistant shoes. Shoes with fine tread are imperative as the streets can be glossy and frosty in February. It is likely to melt as it hits the ground when there is snow, bringing about an irritating sludge. When walking across the city in February, avoid dress shoes and high heels.
- Take one pair of high-quality glovesto ensure you don’t allow cold hands to divert you from the sights.
- Consider packing abundance of magazines and booksin case you choose to spend a morning or afternoon reading and pondering in a cafe. There’s a bit more enjoyable than hiding at the back of steamed-up windows as nurturing a hot drink and watching the city from a comfortable vantage spot.
The February Thermometer
- Least amount of temperature: 3 degrees Celsius (35.6 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Highest temperature: 8 degrees Celsius (46.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Standard temperature: 2 degrees Celsius (37.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Standard rainfall: 39 millimeters (1.5 inches)
Recommended: Events Happening In Paris In February
Some Further Pros
An indisputable perks to traveling to the French capital in February? It’s right at the center of low season in Paris, meaning that you have to prepare very well in advance so that you can get a good deal on trains and flights in February.
And for the reason that tourism is in a stumpy ebb weighed against the summer or spring, going in Paris February 2018 also offers great chances for getting a closer look at some of Paris’ most-beloved attractions, such as Notre Dame Cathedral or the Eiffel Tower. At last, you will be able to take as much time as you wish mulling over your preferred art collections or monuments.
Don’t let us forget about opportunities for bargain-shopping and cavernous discounts: Furthermore, February in Paris witnesses the frantic tail-end of the city’s yearly winter sales: a wonderful time to take advantage of the best-loved shopping districts of the city.
In conclusion, frosty February gives more than enough opportunities to read, laze, and people watch in the many delightful cafes of the city, so, make sure you pack ample of books and magazines for your tour.
Are you interested in the intellectual history of Paris? Then consider cafe- skipping in the ancient Latin Quarter of the city or probably in Saint-Germain-des-Près as this is an excellent way to spend part of your day.
- Things To Do In Paris In January
- Things To Do In Paris In March
- Paris First Time Ultimate Cheat Sheet Guide
- Most Expensive Restaurants In Paris
- Best Things To Do With Kids In Paris