Paris wakes up from its slumber and lights up in December—both metaphorically and literally. It’s known as the city of light all year-round, but one could conclude that it truly lives up to the name in December in Paris.
There is an ice-skating rink arranged on the outside of Hôtel de Ville plaza (Paris City Hall), while other rinks are equally spread over all the squares in the neighborhoods across the town. Sometimes on the list of options are the “Santa’s villages” packed with toboggans, while snow are on the set of choices at times, and Christmas markets spring up all over the city with their gourmet treats, gifts, enchanting decorations, vin chaud (hot wine), and warm wood-roofed booths, each year without fail. In addition, Chanukah celebrations such as menorah lightings add to the attraction of the Paris’ holiday-season.
Suggested: 4 Must Do Things In Paris In August
Paris in December is nonetheless fairly relaxed with all the good cheer, making the month a perfect occasion to take advantage of lots of sights and attractions of the city. Have a true retreat from the vacation madness back home and capture every bit and pieces of attractions of Paris, like a photographer would.
Travel to Paris in December can be expensive due to the seasonal rush and a corresponding hike in fares—as a result, ensure you book your plane or train tickets earlier enough.
Book Your Paris December Trip:
The December In Paris Thermometer:
- Least temperature: 3 degrees Celsius (37.4 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Utmost temperature: 7 degrees Celsius (44.6 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Standard temperature: 4 degrees Celsius (39.2 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Standard monthly rainfall: 49 millimeters (1.9 inches)
Recommended: Paris Events In December That You’d Love
How To Pack Your Luggage?
- Ensure you load your baggage with apparels that will prevent cold, such as socks, coats, scarves, and wool sweaters or warm cotton. Take along with you a minimum of one or two warm turtlenecks, and pack your bags with easy to layer clothes.
- A strong umbrella is a necessity, because the fragile types won’t hold up unexpected gusts of wind or heavy showers that occur in Paris in December.
- Bring a minimum of two pairs of shoes, the two of which must be water-resistant. A pair should give good traction when there is ice or snow. While the streets can be icy or slick, heels should be set aside for indoor events. Bring a pair of comfortable rainproof boots if your feet get cold easily.
- A hat and a pair of light water-resistant gloves can make it more comfy for you to walk around, but you won’t need something to approach snow or ski gear. Places such as Chicago and New York appear colder in winter.
- Toting all over a little thermos in the Paris winter wonderland for hot drinks can be an excellent way to keep you motivated.
- One additional piece of advice on packing: You might want to consider packing as lightly as you can in order to keep space in your suitcase for vacation presents or delicacies you want to take back home, because this is shopping season.
Average Weather In December In Paris And How To Pack Your Suitcase
In the French capital, December in Paris is normally cold, and always icy or rainy. Temperatures always come close to zero– and move down below freezing.
Nevertheless, snow is unusual, and it usually melts on reaching the ground, often changing to irritating and dangerous to navigate sludgy slush without good traction on your shoes, when it does come. Wind chilliness can cause cold to appear more biting.
Are You Prepared To Book Your End-of-Year Trip Now?
In conclusion, if you’re looking for the perfect and comfortable lodgings but don’t know how to go about it or from where to start while you’re in Paris in December, you can browse numerous reader reviews and when you find your choice, book hotels at TripAdvisor without any intermediary.
If that is the case, look for deals on hotels and flights by browsing trusted sites like TripAdvisor more than a few months in advance. Do you wish to take a trip by train? You can book a quick rail and discounts passes at Rail Europe.
- Things To Do In Paris In November
- Things To Do In Paris In January
- Paris First Time Ultimate Cheat Sheet Guide
- Most Expensive Restaurants In Paris
- Best Things To Do With Kids In Paris