A city that retains a poetic and colorful charm – Valparaiso is an incredible place to experience unexpected charms at every turn. Chaos blends with artistic beauty and gorgeous facades, dramatic topographies are characteristic of the grandeur of the city, and winding pathways lead to hills overlooking the ocean. There’s lots of great things to do in Valparaiso, including great places to eat and wonderful places to stay in Valparaiso.
Houses painted in colorful shades and shops dot the streets of El Plan. Colorful abodes juxtapose with paseos and promenades and stairways always lead you to unparalleled spectacular views. It’s one of the places you get to go to and experience the unusual allure it has on you – the eclectic vibe, the charming essence, and the vibrancy of it all.
Whether you want to see towering mansions or steep hills, beautiful architecture or chaotic streets – Valparaiso has it all.
Recommended: How To Spend 24 Hours In Valparaiso
How To Reach Valparaiso:
If you’re going to be visiting Santiago, it’s going to be super easy to get to Valparaiso. For only $9 and 2 hours, you can easily get to Valparaiso. If you’d rather take a cab, you can do that from the city of Rodoviara or simply take the Tur Bus
Where To Stay In Valparaiso:
If you’re going to be visiting Valparaiso, it’s recommended to stay in Cerro Concepcion. The advantages of staying there are unmatched to any other place in the city.
Firstly, by staying there, you’re practically walking distance to most of the major sights. All the incredibly stunning views are just a few steps away, and you get to truly immerse yourself in the grandeur and majesty of the blue water with the backdrop of the hills.
Which hotel? There is an array of different hotels to stay at Valparaiso. Try out PazZHotel – specifically for its rooftop restaurant and bar.
How To Get Around Valparaiso:
Luckily for you, you don’t need to be spending money on a taxi to be moving around Valparaiso. All you have to do is either:
- Take the bus or the train. The public transport system is quite efficient, cheap and simple to use.
- Try out the Ascensores for the ultimate local experience. Those help you get up steep hills, and truly enjoy all the views around the town.
Things To Do In Valparaiso:
There’s plenty of things to do in Valparaiso:
- Check out the street art all around Valparaiso. It’s considered one of the graffiti capitals of South America and you’ll be bombarded with street art, graffiti covers and an incredible bursting vibe of creativity.
- Visiting the traditional fishing caleta. You can visit the nearby fishing town so you can experience the essence of traditional fishing towns and even buy delicious dishes directly from fishing boats.
- Take a day trip to Vino de Mar, a beach you can reach by either bus or subway.